Health Benefits of Whiskey
Whiskey isn’t always Risky: Health Benefits.
1. Lowers Risk of Heart Disease: You’re probably wondering “Are you crazy?”
According to studies, a moderate amount of alcohol increases the amount of "good cholesterol" in the bloodstream, which is a natural protection against heart disease and so keeps you a little healthier.
2. Helps fight cancer: While we don't recommend whiskey as a sole cancer treatment, one study discovered that it contains Ellagic Acid, which absorbs rogue cells in the body. This acid can be found in wine and fruits, but it is more concentrated in whiskey.
3. Promotes weight loss: Whiskey, as delicious as it is, contains little sodium and no fat. Unlike other types of alcohol, it contains simple sugar that the body can easily process and promotes weight loss. Unlike beer, whiskey aids in weight loss while providing maximum enjoyment.
4. Reduce Stress: Because alcohol helps to reduce stress, a glass of whiskey is highly recommended if you suffer from anxiety or high stress. However, we discourage complete reliance on alcohol because it can worsen anxiety if abused.
5. Controls Diabetes Risk: Are you diabetic but still want to enjoy yourself by sharing drinks with friends and family? Whiskey is a great alternative because it has been shown to reduce the risk of diabetes by more than 30%. According to one study, a moderate amount of whiskey can improve the body's ability to regulate insulin and glucose levels because the drink contains simple sugars that are easy to process.
6. Lower Risk of Dementia: Dementia is one of the most common illnesses affecting the elderly; research is ongoing, but no cure has been discovered. According to a 2003 study, adults who drink one to six glasses of whiskey per week are half as likely as non-drinkers and heavy drinkers to develop dementia.
7. Fights your cold: A glass of alcohol is known to help fight colds on occasion. Though whiskey does not directly fight the flu, it does dilate the blood vessels, making it easier for the mucus membranes to fight the infection.
8. Digestive Aid: If you're feeling bloated or have a rumble in your stomach after that meal, a post-meal whiskey could help. A glass of Whiskey after dinner stimulates stomach enzymes and gets the digestive system moving quickly. Not only will the stomach work hard to digest the whiskey, but it will also digest the large meal.
9. Reduces Blood Clotting: An internal injury causes blood clotting in the hope of stopping the bleeding. However, if the clot spreads to other parts of the blood system, the consequences will be disastrous. Whiskey, as a natural blood thinner, significantly reduces blood clotting, and as previously stated, whiskey promotes good cholesterol while fighting bad cholesterol. As a result, drinking whiskey on occasion can lower your risk of developing blood clots and makes stroke much less likely.
10. Boost Your Immune System: As said before, whisky contains Ellagic Acid, which, when combined with vitamins, can help your immune system fight off illnesses.
Yes! A glass of Whiskey a day keeps the doctor away!!!